We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport to fly into??

NC
Level Contributor
806 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Which airport to fly into??

staying in Frisco and want to do some skiing nearby. whats our best bet on airports - Eagle County or Denver? Thanks

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport to fly into??

I would say Denver. Most flights into Vail have a layover in Denver anyway. The eagle airport (very deceptive being called Vail IMO) is about 1.5hrs from Frisco and so is Denver airport. The cost of a flight to Denver costs less. Really you can choose either one, but I prefer Denver. You have to go over a pass either way as well. Also there are shuttles from/to both airports. Some people think Vail is a little bit of a scary landing because you immediately come in over the mountains.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport to fly into??

Well, maybe Vail is more like a little over an hour, the time difference is negligible.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,595 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport to fly into??

There are plenty of non-stop markets into Eagle, but I don't think you're in one of them. But you could probably easily connect through Atlanta or Cincinnati.

I would look into both. But, in all likelihood, if you can get a reasonably priced non-stop into Denver that's your best bet.

Eagle, which is a great airport, is closer by about 30-45 minutes. And you'll spend an additional 45-60 minutes dealing with DIA.

Here's airport info for Eagle with non-stop markets.

http://www.eaglecounty.us/airport/

Have fun. Great snow in Colorado this year.

4. Re: Which airport to fly into??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 17:19