We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer trip to Frisco

Which Frisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oahu, hawaii
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Summer trip to Frisco

Hi, My hubbo and I are coming into Frisco for our first CO trip... We like to hike, bike, run, river raft, drink craft beer and good wine and eat good food. I know the area is great for the outdoors. I am looking for more specific not-to-miss adventures!! Specific trails, restaurants, breweries, rafting, day trips etc. I know this is super broad, but I know, living in a place where there are lots of awesome things to do (Kailua, HI), I have favorite local advice and not-to-miss things that I suggest to friends/family visiting. We are staying within walking distance to downtown frisco, will have a rental car and are staying in CO from 8/1-8/10. Any advice would be helpful!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer trip to Frisco

Frisco is a charming town. You should take a look at this list that 1FourFun put together. There are so many trails to choose from, you might order

alpenrosepress.com/new_summit_hiker_and_ski_… the Summit County Hiker. I have one!

Of course the Colorado Trail s a must do. We like to access it from the Dredge Parking lot off of Tiger Road. Go by the Golf Course a couple of miles the parking area is on your right. If you get to where the road turns to dirt you missed it. Go up past the gate a bit and take the trail to your right.

If the weather is warm on the 2nd head over to Keystone, they have Friday Afternoon Club, FAC. Free Gondola rides up, live music. Lots of dogs and kids playing. Fun lots of locals. Starts at 3:00.

Spend some time on Lake Dillon, Cocktails at the Island Grill then maybe water taxi over to the Dillon Marina for a drink at the Tiki Bar. Me, I think the food is better at Frisco Marina but drinks better at Dillon. Pug Ryans a Brew Pub owns the Tiki Bar too so good beer there. I am a fan of their Pale Ales

http://www.beerdrinkersguidetocolorado.com/ might help too.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer trip to Frisco

Oh Great timing for the Beer Festival at Keystone, great event!!

keystonefestivals.com/index.php/… you will want to take the bus over. http://www.co.summit.co.us/index.aspx?NID=586

oahu, hawaii
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer trip to Frisco

Excellent!!! Thanks for the trail and bus routes as well... I was just about to ask about a taxi! this makes me even more excited!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer trip to Frisco

You are welcome! I see that I forget to post the list that 1FourFun put together

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i21445-Summit_C…

and that i siad this

<<Go by the Golf Course a couple of miles the parking area is on your right.>>

That is wrong, the parking area will be on your LEFT, Sorry....

Edited: 01 May 2013, 15:12
5. Re: Summer trip to Frisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 20:15