We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgetown Lodging

Which Georgetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Georgetown Lodging

We stayed at Georgetown last summer and the motel was very rundown. Does anyone have a suggestion? We are traveling with a group of 7. searching for three hotel rooms or a condo large enough for all...

6 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,725 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgetown Lodging

Why Georgetown? It is not someplace I'd go to for vacation. Get gas maybe....

Maybe look at

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…georgetown

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgetown Lodging

Why not Georgetown, I think it's a gem of a town with the ideal valley location and near to other hubs/activity. It's a very pretty area. We plan on going this summer and visiting the Georgetown Loop Railroad, another highlight of the area.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g33440-Georgetown_Col…

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,725 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgetown Lodging

My 02 it is right on the highway with little to offer in the way of dining or lodging.

For me, I don't like to spend all my vacation time going to and from on the highways.

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Georgetown Lodging

We chose Georgetown because it is close to Grays and Torreys Peak where we will attempt to hike two 14'ers. Is there a better choice that is close to this location?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Georgetown Lodging

The poster stayed there before and obviously has an idea of the location they're staying at and has a good reason to do so. To me it's not just about the dining or the lodging, I guess it depends of what importance/deciding factors those play. If you're looking for decent there appears to be some nice options on the TA link I posted above. If one avoided highways all together some neat and worthwhile places would be missed in the process.

Edited: 25 April 2012, 14:57
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,725 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Georgetown Lodging

I'd look at http://www.vrbo.com/343762 seems to fit the bill if you want Georgetown. Me I'd go just a few miles west to Frisco or Dillon. Lots more dining and lodging options. If you choose Dillon stay away from Dillon Valley. You will want to stay someplace close to the marina. Distance wise not that much of a difference.

Plus Dillon is home to the world famous TiKi Bar....

http://pugryans.com/tiki-bar.php

http://www.vrbo.com/247115 looks nice though there are many along the lake that have great views!

Edited: 25 April 2012, 16:54
Reply to: Georgetown Lodging
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Georgetown
Recent Conversations