We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glenwood Springs Hot Springs

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Glenwood Springs Hot Springs

I read somewhere that there are 17 pools?! I thought that there was just the lodge and spa in glenwood and their one big man-made pool. anyone?

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glenwood Springs Hot Springs

The hot springs at Glenwood Springs has two pools, the big one that is merely warm and a smaller very hot one.

Pagosa Hot Springs claims 18 pools, maybe that is what you heard about. here is the site http://www.pagosahotsprings.com/ The different pools are all different temps.

Having been to both places, I can't say one is better than the other, just different experiences. While I like the more intimate pools in Pagosa, Glenwood Springs has better restaurants in town.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glenwood Springs Hot Springs

Hi, I've been to pagosa springs, but not the glenwood springs. Actually, it was a poster here who said there were many pools at Glenwood, so perhaps they were thinking of Pagosa.

OK, here's another question. Any hotels/lodges that you can think of that are within 3 hours of Denver and have nice outdoor pools/hot tubs?

hudson valley,ny
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glenwood Springs Hot Springs

We were just at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs on July 12th...2 1/2 hrs from Denver off Rt. 285.. It was wonderful!!! We stayed in the Lodge. The rooms were just redone.. It has a retaurant and lounge in the lodge.!! It has two hot springs pools. the hot springs come from the stream and there are many spots right in the stream to soak in... Be sure to take a walk over the bridge and check otr the retaining wall made from old cars!! Very unique... You can also take a short ride to view Agnes Veil Falls and feed the chimpmunks a litter further up the Mountain at St. Elmo's Ghost Town......!!! Beautiful Views. Beautiful Ride from Denver... It's worth the visit!!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glenwood Springs Hot Springs

doecraig: thanks, but I should've mentioned before that we've already been to Mt. Princeton!!! Although our room was crummy, and you said they redid them, so maybe it's nicer there since we were last there a few years ago. Might be worth revisiting.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glenwood Springs Hot Springs

You have one pool, which is warm, designed for soaking and has a smaller section that is very warm. A ground level dividing wall then separates the warm area from a larger, cool pool that has swim lanes, diving boards and 2 tube slides.

6. Re: Glenwood Springs Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 23:16