We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanted to recommend Blue Sky Adventures

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
56 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Wanted to recommend Blue Sky Adventures

Take the two-man kayak trip! The Colorado River is fairly docile near Glenwood, so it’s worth it to be in your own little boat because every feature of the river is exaggerated. Plus you have the freedom to explore a little more and have your own conversation. The great folks at Blue Sky had extra room in the rafts so they let us ride in a raft through the big rapids at the beginning for no extra charge. We got the best of both worlds. Kayaking is as easy or challenging as you want it to be. You can float the calmer shore or aim strait for the bumps. The kayak is very comfortable, too with soft back support. They don’t make it clear what you can bring. I wish I’d know to bring a tube of sunscreen. By the time we actually got in the water the sunscreen I’d applied at the pickup point was in need of re-application. Got a smidge sunburned.

1. Re: Wanted to recommend Blue Sky Adventures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 07:18