We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child's Birthday Cake

Belmar, New Jersey
6 posts
Save Topic
Child's Birthday Cake

I'm looking for a special Birthday cake from this area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,676 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child's Birthday Cake

The Daily Bread Bakery and Cafe gets great reviews, but I'm sorry I don't know if they make birthday cakes. You might check with them first. There is a City Market in Glenwood Springs, and they'll have some nice choices, but pretty standard grocery store cake flavors & icing. (which is usually just fine with kids, as my granddaughter would testify)

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
415 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child's Birthday Cake

Not sure this qualifies as "special", but we solved an 8 year old's birthday recently with help from City Market - an ice cream cake that they were nice enough to add blue frosting to help it scream "boy".

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child's Birthday Cake

Also a Safeway there if City Market not your favorite. Places that just do cakes are hard to find anymore. We have only one in Grand Junction (the Cake Cottage) and we are a much larger town than Glenwood. If you are coming through Grand Junction you might try getting something through them. (970) 244-8672 is their number. I believe every special event cake is pre-ordered so it would be ready for you.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Child's Birthday Cake

Cakes Cakes Cakes in Aspen 970-309-0858

Eileen's World Famous Cakes - Aspen 970-925-2064

Sinful Sugar Artisan Bakery in Aspen 970-404-2650

City Market in Glenwood brings in cakes from Volmers Bakery. You might touch base with them to see if they could do a special order.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Child's Birthday Cake

One more:

Classic Cakes of Aspen

(970) 923-0312

This Lady was actually on Food Network Cake Challenge

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Child's Birthday Cake

Wow, I forgot about Aspen. Looked at Classic Cakes website - gorgeous cakes but at $12 per serving for some of those I think either City Market, Safeway, or a DQ ice cream cake would be ok by me. Seems like the kids usually are not as impressed with the cake as they are with the presents and just having fun.

Belmar, New Jersey
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Child's Birthday Cake

thank you!!!

Belmar, New Jersey
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Child's Birthday Cake

Thank you!!!

Belmar, New Jersey
6 posts