We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Glenwood Springs area

Which Glenwood Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new braunfels
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Camping in Glenwood Springs area

Would like recommendations for a campground on the river in the Glenwood Springs to Aspen area. Camping in a 40' fifth wheel.

Tried the Crystal River Resort but is full.

Thanks

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in Glenwood Springs area

Rock Gardens is the only campground on the river I am aware of in the Glenwood Area. The Forest Service has a campground in Marble and there are several in the Aspen area if you want to go further out.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,162 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in Glenwood Springs area

Maybe the Redstone Campground? 40' is their max, so it should work if they have availability.

recreation.gov/camping/…

Bogan Flats campground is near Carbondale. They allow up to 40 footers, but have no hookups as far as I can tell. I'm sure I've been by this one but just can't remember what it looks like! mtnlife, do you know? Is it in a pretty spot?

www.publiclands.org/explore/site.php…

We haven't been by this one but I came across the info when looking for something else--Elk Creek Campground is a commercial campground near New Castle, on Elk Creek. Did you particularly want to be on the Crystal River?

http://elkcreekcamping.com/

Glenwood Canyon Resort is an option, too. Located in Glenwood Canyon, they have cabins, tent sites, and RV sites. Interstate 70 is close by, but from what I've read, you don't hear the traffic much because of the river. However, you do hear the trains go by.

Edited: 09 April 2012, 17:01
3. Re: Camping in Glenwood Springs area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:17