We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granby by train hope to fish

Which Granby hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brush, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Granby by train hope to fish

We are seriously looking at taking the AMTRAK from Denver to Granby, stay two nights, and fish. Place close to depot to stay? Close place to fish. Advice?Suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granby by train hope to fish

The town of Granby is near some very good places to fish (the Colorado River below Windy Gap Reservoir, the upper Fraser River, the Colorado between Shadow Mountain Lake and Lake Granby, the latter two lakes as well as Grand Lake, the upper Colorado in Rocky Mountain Park) but none of these are within walking distance of the town. Mo Henrys Trout Shop in Granby (www.mohenrys.com) provides guided trips and local fishing information; you might also be able to make just transportation arrangements to fishing areas through them or through people they know. Good luck!

Brush, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granby by train hope to fish

Thank you! We weren't expecting such a quick answer and complete advice. We appreciate it and will go ahead. This is luck for us to have posted on the forum and received the information we obviously needed when we asked. We didn't have much of a clue. Thank You!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granby by train hope to fish

Glad to be of help. Incidentally, the train ride from Denver up South Boulder Creek canyon, through the Moffat Tunnel, and on to Granby is very scenic and fun. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about places to stay in Granby, but maybe someone else will provide suggestions; if not, consider a new posting with a different title (e.g. "Need a place to stay in Granby").

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granby by train hope to fish

Here's a link to the Granby Chamber of Commerce lodging list:

…granbychamber.com/list/…lodging-travel.htm

The Littletree Inn is one that provides pickup at the train, and I'm sure some of the others do, as well.

www.littletreeluxuryinn.com/resttranother.htm

In previous questions, I've seen Home James transportation mentioned favorably, and there's taxi service, as well. Home James provides transportation from the Denver airport, but I believe I've read they do local transportation, as well. And there's at least one car rental agency that will pick you up at the train, if your plan was to rent a car when you get there.

homejamestransportation.com/contact.php

http://winterparktaxi.com/

http://www.avscars.com/

Reply to: Granby by train hope to fish
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Granby
Recent Conversations