We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver or SLC 2014

san diego
Level Contributor
102 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Denver or SLC 2014

Hi DE's: I can't seem to reply to the thread where this topic was discussed in 2010. I'm merely looking for an updated answer to a similar question. I think we will have to fly into SLC next Friday rather than Denver (rental cars WAY cheaper in SLC right now). Main question: is driving through Price really the most efficient way to get to Grand Junction (vs the interstates)? And, roughly, is it really 5 hours from SLC airport to Grand Junction without stops?

Much obliged!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,687 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver or SLC 2014

Have you looked at maps.google.com for driving directions, route option, and estimated driving times? Estimated driving time SLC to GJ is 4:29 (289 miles). Driving time from DIA to GJ is 4:19 (271 miles).

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver or SLC 2014

Yep, come through Price. That's the way we all drive it. Not the easiest since it's not interstate but the fastest. Google maps says it's 4 hrs. 29 min. from the airport to GJ.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 15:09
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denver or SLC 2014

Haven't finished my caffeine intake, just realized smushie said the same time. Great minds compute the same.

san diego
Level Contributor
102 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denver or SLC 2014

Thanks everyone. I love Google but have been waylaid before so I appreciate the 'local' take on things.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,781 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Denver or SLC 2014

Just did it tonight and do that trip frequently. Times on Google Maps are accurate as is the advice here. Pretty easy trip. Really enjoy Grand Junction's lively downtown. We were going to stay there tonight but pushed on to Glenwood.

Have fun.

6. Re: Denver or SLC 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 19:15