We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa in Grand Lake?

2 posts
Save Topic
Spa in Grand Lake?

Have been deciding between Grand Lake and Estes Park. Based on other posts, it looks like Grand Lake is better for peaceful, laid back hiking for a couple with no kids. Are there any good spas out there? Looking for a nice massage to add to the relaxation after a hike. Also restaurant recommendations are welcome. It's my husband's birthday so want a nice surprise weekend.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa in Grand Lake?

I am not sure about any spas right in town - someone will hopefully respond with an answer to that. However there is a great spa and hot spring in Hot Sulphur Springs just down the road. Personally I can't imagine a better spot after a long hike! Check the link below.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa in Grand Lake?

I'm not sure about spas either. But I can tell you that there are some good resturants! I would definitely reccommend the Sagebrush! We at there quite a few times when we were there in June! Good variety. They also have game dishes if you are into that(elk, buffalo, etc.). But also have the normal pork chops, chicken, etc.

Another good place to eat is Max & T's. We only ate there once, but if we ever go back to Grand Lake I would eat there again!

Hope you have a good time, we did!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
351 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa in Grand Lake?

There is a place for massages right down the Boardwalk in Grand Lake from the Sagebrush Restaurant. I don't think it's a spa necessarily but it is a place to get a massage. Sorry, I can't remember the name.

I also recommend eating at the Sagebrush. We always have at least 1 meal there. You might consider the Rapids Lodge Restaurant for your husband's birthday dinner. It's a nicer more elegant type restaurant along the banks of the river rolling by. It's a little more expensive but the food was good when we ate there a few years ago. You can't miss the Rocky Mountain ice cream/candy shop on the Boardwalk for some great ice cream. The Black Bear at the edge of town is also a good restaurant. I didn't eat there this year but have eaten both lunch, dinner and a later night meal there. All were good. Enjoy your stay!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,661 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa in Grand Lake?

You may find spas in Winter Park, not too far from Grand Lake... maybe 45 min to an hour away.

Grand Lake is a very sleepy place. Not much happens there, and your choice of restaurants is limited....

5. Re: Spa in Grand Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 12:21