We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

I thought to check the website again - as I do every year - and am very excited to see Grand Lake Lodge is reopening in June 2011!!! After being closed for several years, I am really looking forward to a dinner on their deck! If anyone goes, please report back as to what you thought, and I'll be sure to do the same. Thanks!

Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

We are staying at the Lodge for 5 days over the 4th of July holiday. Anyone been there yet? Haven't been in several years due to the destruction of the beetles and the Lodge closing.

Arlington, Virginia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

gagle, how was Grand Lake Lodge when you stayed there?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

Yes, yes, please report back!

New Hampshire Lakes...
Level Contributor
50 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

I stayed there on July 15 and am going to write a review soon. The substance will be that the scenery is still gorgeous (naturally) and the lodge itself is still quite nice, but the cabins are less than great.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

I just received an email from Grand Lake Lodge. They are now closed for the season and they plan on re-opening the restaurant by May 20, 2012 and the cabins by June 1st.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
351 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

I visited the Lodge (didn't stay there) in September. It is GREAT to have it open again but very sad to see ALL the trees removed. I understand why but it looks so barren as opposed to what it used to look like. On the bright side the trees will grow back and the view is still spectacular!

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

Yes, very sad, but they'll grow back! Did you have meal there? How was it?

18. Re: Grand Lake Lodge Re-Opening!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Lake