We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

Overland Park
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

What is the best company to go with to experience a half day beginner rafting trip? Our boys are 4 and 12 that will be going with us. Looked into Mad Adventures. Anybody have experience with this company, or have other suggestions/ We will be there in 3 weeks. Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 21:19
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,034 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

1FourFun is a rafting expert here on the forum and she often recommends KODI Rafting. www.WhiteWaterColorado.com They offer a half day family trip on the Colorado River starting with age 4 and 40 pounds. Some rafting companies are currently having to change age and weight limits due to the way above normal flows. Hopefully, by the time of your visit, this will not be a problem. You might want to call and ask about the trip you choose.

Edited: 13 June 2011, 20:57
Overland Park
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

Thank you for the info. Their 1/2 day colorado river rafting trip looks well suited for our needs.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

Kodi has a little office out there, I feel bad only recommending a few companies - but I only recommend companies I have been with and liked. In the past several years I have been privately boating, so I really don't have a lot of recent experience. I think fv1989 has given you good advice to call and talk with the outfitter you choose. I have heard of Mad Adventures - they have been around for a while, so don't overlook them - gotta spread the love! Have Fun!

Overland Park
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

Ok. I'll check them out. You are always so helpful on the forum. You helped me out a couple years ago when we went to Breckenridge. I really appreciate your time.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

Has anyone rafted the upper Colorado River with Red Tail Rafting, Colorado River Runs or Adventures in Whitewater

Overland Park
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

The one thing that was on our list that we didn't get to do during our stay in Grand Lake, was to whitewater raft. The trips leaving out of Kremmling were just rushing way to fast. What would have been a 2 hour float trip that we could have taken our 4 year old on, had become a 45 minute thrill ride they said (Kodi Rafting), that only 12 years and up could go on. We will save rafting for our next visit to Colorado.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

Thanks, we've booked full day from Pumphouse to Rancho Rio with Red Tail. We hope for a lot of fun, a few bumps and generally relatively mild rating.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

be;;erophon - Thanks for the compliment, glad to help! I think you made the right choice. My husband and I went over to do the Pumphouse run a few weeks ago - it is usually a laid back float trip, where we drink beer, chit chat, relax, and tan life jacket free. Weeelll... Our life-jackets were on the whole time. We actually bent an oar in one of the rapids, and we pulled over to eat lunch because the trip was flying by way to fast. I had my little dog with me and my hand was on him the whole time. From Pumphouse to Radium, it was about 30 minutes or so!!! (plus our lunch pit stop of course) The river that day was up to 11,000cfs. Next time for you!

Edited: 15 July 2011, 01:25
10. Re: Beginner whitewater rafting on Colorado River by Kremmling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Lake