We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Water Rafting?

Excelsior, MN
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
White Water Rafting?

I will be brining 10 friends (ages 18-25) to Grand Lake and we are interested in rafting. I have two questions:

1. Is this even a good time to go? I know it will be cold...!

2. What's the best place to go near Grand Lake? And how much do you think we'll have to pay per person?

florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Water Rafting?

http://www.redtailrafting.com/index.html

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,144 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Water Rafting?

Yes, it is a good time to go as spring snow was plentiful and river flow will be very good. In addition to the link plz gave you, here is another option.

www.adventuresinwhitewater.com/Home.aspx

The closest rafting to Grand Lake is at Kremmling on the Colorado River about an hour away. Clear Creek is about 1 1/2 hours away at Idaho Springs. You could raft Clear Creek and drive (weather permitting) to almost the top of over 14,000 ft. Mount Evans along the Mount Evans Scenic Byway. You can walk the last 1/4 mile to the actual summit. This drive is NOT for the faint of heart. Trail Ridge Road is a breeze compared to the Mount Evans Road.

www.mountevans.com

Edited: 28 May 2013, 23:56
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Water Rafting?

The water cold, the weather nice! What kind of rafting are you looking for? Float with a little whitewater or wild whitewater - or something in between? Check out this post - it is discussing a similar area tripadvisor.com/…49712296

I like Kodi rafting - www.WhiteWaterColorado.com - for the Kremmling, Colorado area. They also run the Blue, if it is open when you come, then that would be a nice in between level. I think AVA rafts Gore Canyon - and that is wild. The Colorado River in that area - Pumphouse/Raduim runs have a few rapids, but mostly float.

4. Re: White Water Rafting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 21:15