We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowmobile/Ski Man Trip 2015

Ada, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Snowmobile/Ski Man Trip 2015

I am in the early stages of planning a trip for 5 guys for 2 days of snowmobiling and 1 day of skiing. We sort of wanted to get a little "remote", i.e., not go where the big crowds and condo dwellers will be. I was thinking Grand Lake or Granby for lodging & snowmobiling with a day run in between to Winter Park to ski. Does this sound like a good plan? If not, what else would you suggest? Lodging suggestions (lodges or cabins) would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,447 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowmobile/Ski Man Trip 2015

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like a reasonable plan. Devil's Thumb Ranch near Fraser caters to cross country skiers but also has access to snowmobiling. I would also look in the Frisco/Breckenridge area as snowmobiling is a big activity there and you have a number of ski options.

Have fun.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,104 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowmobile/Ski Man Trip 2015

"big crowds and condo dwellers" that would be Breckenridge. Granby is a huge snowmobiling destination.

I think it is more what you describe. Know that Grandy will have little going on at night. Lots of outdoor fun, big steak dinner, whiskey then bed is more the norm. Best to stock up on that sort of thing in Denver. Sounds like fun to me!

3. Re: Snowmobile/Ski Man Trip 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Grand Lake