We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding near Keystone

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback riding near Keystone

Any recommendations about where to take our teens horseback riding when we'll be in Keystone for a week this summer (August)? My neice is 19, my nephew is 16, and my son is 14. I was thinking maybe there might be a dude ranch or some place like that that is not too far away that lets guests come in for a couple hour ride?

Please note that I realize that they do have horseback riding right at Keystone, but this while may be fun for younger kids, it was a little too lame for our teens last time we were there. (They have enjoyed horseback riding in other mountain and flatland areas, but were not overly impressed by the trial walk one offered right at Keystone).

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding near Keystone

Agree that Keystone horseback riding is pretty tame. Here is a place that is a bit of a drive. You go through Breck over Hoosier Pass. The area reminds me of Colorado years ago.

http://www.americansafariranch.com

I have never been, I'd like to one day. If you go let us know how it was.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding near Keystone

Thanks! That place looks great, and it looks like we could get there in less than an hour.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback riding near Keystone

It is a nice drive. If you do go please let us know how it was. Lots of people ask about horseback riding in the area.

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback riding near Keystone

Haven't been on our trip yet but I am looking at booking with

http://www.rustyspurr.com/Activities.htm

Looks like it is an hour north of where you will be staying.

I have emailed back and forth with them and they seem lik a great group of people to ride with.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback riding near Keystone

We met a Keystone local who did the cattle drive there and absolutely loved it. Please post a trip report if you go. I'd love to hear what you thought.

6. Re: Horseback riding near Keystone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Keystone