We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First week of April

d c
atlanta
2 posts
Save Topic
First week of April

We were not able to make it out this year for Christmas so we were thinking of coming in April. How do you think the conditions will be with the down snow year ? I keep telling myself that there will be more snow in April than any of the years we have come in December. I posted in Keystone because that is my favorite in the area but we could ski anywhere, Breckenridge,Copper,etc.

Thanks

Colorado
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First week of April

There's just no way to predict. March is traditionally our snowiest month, but all bets are off this year with the strange weather we've had.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,723 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First week of April

Babalax is right, it has been an odd year. That said I almost always ski that weekend. ( It is my anniversary ) So far each year has been really nice. I doubt it would matter much between Keystone, Copper or Breck as to conditions. At least right now it is all pretty much the same.

What type of terrain do you like to ski? The groomed runs are all pretty nice. Rocks and stumps in the expert terrain.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First week of April

We like to ski the front side of Keystone and Peak 7 at Breckenridge. I think we will just come out. Thanks!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,723 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First week of April

The front side, you will be fine! Have fun and let us know how it went.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
366 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First week of April

I have skied closing weekend at Keystone (early April) for the past 6 years straight and suprisingly that weekend has always been fun with great conditions including a few powder days. Very difficult to predict but the lack of crowds and almost all lift serviced terrain still open makes for a wonderful time to ski.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,723 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First week of April

I heard that they are running the $5.00 cat rides to North/South Bowls this weekend. A good sign, though I'd not take my new skis there just yet.

From the web site

<<Today we have the following open:

Beginner: 100%, Intermediate: 99%, Expert: 86%, Hiking: 91%

Total lift-serviced terrain: 86%>>

Edited: 10 February 2012, 19:24
7. Re: First week of April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 16:22