We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow tubing at Keystone

California
Level Contributor
450 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Snow tubing at Keystone

I understand that Keystone has two snow tubing areas - small hill at the Nordic Center and a newer man-made tube shoots at the top of Dercum Mountain. Since we spend just one full day at Keystone and two half days, I would like to get the best options available with less traffic and low wait time. What are pluses and minuses of both? Price, drive to-from, parking, crowd, fun.

Thank you.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,853 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow tubing at Keystone

The tubing at the top has a moving sidewalk thing so you do not have to walk back up, super fun. The Nordic Center is the old fashioned way, go down, walk up.

Since you are coming for so short a time I'd do the tubing hill on top. You will need to make reservations well in advance if you are still thinking Pres Weekend. Maybe have lunch at the Stube on your full day. You take both gondolas over so you could tube before if you wanted to.

If you get to Keystone mid day, noonish I'd still try a cross country at the Nordic center. The soup there is very good. Maybe a snack then a ski then a late lunch?

If you have not yet made lodging reservations I'd do that sooner rather than later.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow tubing at Keystone

Direct link, which might not work, for tubing info at Keystone

http://www.keystoneresort.com/activitiesdetail/Key+-+Tubing+at+Adventure+Point.axd

Edited: 20 December 2012, 01:03
California
Level Contributor
450 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow tubing at Keystone

Thank you alli, taxranger.

We have reservation at The Inn at Keystone. And yes, this is for Presidents day weekend. We will be driving from Colorado Springs on Sunday 2/17/13 and driving to Denver on Tuesday, 2/19/13. It seems that you can make a reservation just for one hour of tubing at the time. If we plan to spend big part of the day at Adventurer Point, what else can we do there? I am trying to plan that perfect day.

Thank you.

4. Re: Snow tubing at Keystone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 06:15