We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
747 posts
343 reviews
Save Topic
Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

We are coming for a wedding in Keystone the first weekend in September. The wedding activities will be in the River Run area. We are looking at condos/townhouses in River rUN and have been researching them extensively. I found this map: www.keytotherockies.com/river-run-village/

Can someone orient me with street names to as to where most of the bars and restaurants in River run and is there a "central" area to the Village? I am assuming that all of the marked village areas are walkable from all things in River run?

Any advantages to being in one spot or another of the River run?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

The main road into Keystone is route 6. It runs basically parallel to Keystone road. This entire area is very walkable. Most bars/restaurants are between buffalo and jack pine condos. The entire River Run area is basically two blocks at most. No real clubs, but several fun restaurants with bars. If the pool area is important, choose Te Springs. 3 minute walk to bars, but the best pool in my opinion

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
747 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

Thanks PumpkinDenver. this helps. definitely not looking for clubs, just fun bar/restaurant combos while there. thanks so much.

Denver, Colorado...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

The interior streest of River Run al all walking streets with the exception of Dercum Square. Everything is within easy walking distance.

This might be an really easy overview of Keystone:

summitcove.com/area-info/…

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
747 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

Peter R - thanks. the overview is very helpful info. appreciate it.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,195 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

River Run is a pretty small area. What to ask about is SQ footage, it can vary greatly between units, even within the same bldgs and the View. Some have views of the parking lot. Other than that it is all pretty much the same.

Keystone, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

The answers already given are basically correct. I would like to focus on one thing you said. You mentioned Town homes. There are no town homes in River Run proper. The Red Hawk town homes are very close and still totally walkable, but beyond those it starts to get a little far.

If you want walking distance and River Run, here are your options. Expedition Station, Dakota, Buffalo, Mill Creek, Silver mill, Arapahoe, Jack Pine, Black Bear, Springs and Red Hawk Condos. If you want high-end luxury go for Lone Eagle or Timbers which is about a 3 to 5 minute walk to River Run.

You provided a link to Key To The Rockies. This is a reputable private management company. In the spirit of full disclosure I own one of the private management companies and my only recommendation is to make sure that whoever you rent though that you select a specific condo that fits your needs. I highly discourage you from allowing anyone to sell you a "unit type," for example a "2 bedroom in River Run." Condo quality varies from okay to amazing. If you get sold a "unit type" this all but guarantees you being placed in an "okay" condo.

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
747 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

Keystonesecret - thank you so much for your observations. much appreciated. we are not focusing on any one leasing company - I just happened to find that map and was trying to use it to orient myself. i appreciate your thoughts. how can one determine what level of condo type is ace and comfort we desire.

appreciate your thoughts. how can one determine what level of condo type is a unit? (e.g. just ok to luxury?)

thanks again.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,195 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

barusso if you go with a mgmt company choose one that will let you see the unit you are renting, not as mentioned a "type" Summitcove lets you reserve a specific unit, others may as well, Keystone does not.

VRBO and Craigslist has many owner direct rentals. I think owner direct is best if you want detailed information on the unit you are renting.

http://tinyurl.com/lpqwtay

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
747 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

great suggestions. thanks!

10. Re: Orientation in River Run/restaurants and bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 23:05