We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

week after thanksgiving

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
week after thanksgiving

I am trying to decide between keystone and copper mountain for skiing the week after thanksgiving. I will be traveling with my wife and 3-year old. When do the resorts usually post their best deals? I have purchased plane tickets to denver, but i am waiting to buy our hotel rooms. I want a hot tub and an outdoor pool. Obviously, things to do other than skiing are important in case the snow doesn't cooperate.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
877 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: week after thanksgiving

Summer is when you'll get the best deals for the next year. As you have already noted, skiing that early depends a lot on mother nature. But the resorts do make snow so they work hard to get as many tuns open as possible.

I can't speak for Copper, but if you sign up for emountain mail on the Vail Resorts website, you'll be notified of special web deals for lift tickets. Sometimes you can get good deals early in the season.

Mentioned in this post
Vail
Vail
Colorado
Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: week after thanksgiving

It depends on your skiing ability. My wife and I skiied Copper last year, and were bored with it after one day since there isn't a lot of advanced terrain and we skiied the same stuff over and over. Keystone has the green run "Schoolmarm" which is the longest green run and quite popular.

For nightlife and other things, Copper has nothing (well, very little) slopeside so staying elsewhere in Dillon/Silvercreek would help, but then you might as well stay in Keystone.

I guess I'll just say I reccommend Keystone for you. Plus, the Keystone pass will be good at A-Basin and Breckenridge so you could explore a little more easilly.

Mentioned in this post
Keystone
Keystone
Colorado
Dillon
Dillon
Colorado
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: week after thanksgiving

Thanks for all of your help. I was already leaning towards Keystone and you have helped make my decision a little easier.

Mentioned in this post
Keystone
Keystone
Colorado
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: week after thanksgiving

Agree with the others. Keystone is a much safer bet that early. They have the most snowmaking in the county if Mother Nature does not help. Keystone does not have many "rooms" mostly condos. If you are willing to rent from owners you can save quite a bit. Try http://denver.backpage.com then select vacation rentals. It is a local free paper that lots of Colorado folks place thier units for rent.

You can also save by buying lift tickets at Denver area grocery stores. Have fun we love Keystone!

Mentioned in this post
Keystone
Keystone
Colorado
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Denver
Denver
Colorado
5. Re: week after thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Keystone