We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keystone Lodge: Pet friendly. Barking or pet odor issues?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Keystone Lodge: Pet friendly. Barking or pet odor issues?

Would like input from anyone who has stayed at Keystone Lodge. We like dogs but are a bit concerned about staying there for a couple of reasons. It's pet friendly and several reviewers have mentioned "yappy hour". Is that just a regular happy hour w/out people bringing their dogs along or is it something FOR dogs? Is there a big focus on doggie guests? Are there certain rooms where pets are allowed and others that are for human guests ONLY? Also, has anyone gotten a room who did not have a pet with them yet noticed an odor from pets having been in the room?

Also, on another note, one reviewer mentioned free breakfast. I have not seen that mentioned anywhere else. is that an ammenity the hotel offers everyone, all the time - or not?

Thanks for any info!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,988 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keystone Lodge: Pet friendly. Barking or pet odor issues?

This may be too late but. I think you are thinking of the Inn at Keystone not the Lodge. Yappy hour has not gotten that much attention. We have gone once and were the only ones. There does seem to be lots of dogs there though

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keystone Lodge: Pet friendly. Barking or pet odor issues?

Thanks for the correction. Whichever has yappy hour is the right one. I will admit, I have gotten confused by the names on the ads that pop up on the sidebar sometimes. There are so many with Keystone in the name that no doubt I mixed something up! There are spas, lodges, inns and so on. At any rate, we are sticking w/the first reservation we had and not changing the date. Found our rate included the resort fee andn that made it more of a deal. I am sure the Inn at Keystone would be fine, though we would not have liked staying in a place w/a fair number of dogs. (Not that we aren't used. Now I am just worried about the roads on the way out. We are having some major winter weather coming up w/what has come so far not as bad as many other places, though it's cold and we do have snow. It's not fun driving across KS when the roads get bad, the snow is blowing and the exit ramps get shut down! (Been there./done that!) So thanks for all the help (and if you know Mother Nature very well, ask her to please make the weather nice. :)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,988 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keystone Lodge: Pet friendly. Barking or pet odor issues?

I think the Inn is fine. Yes lots of dogs but mostly out walking with their humans. I hope the highway remains open and clear for you!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keystone Lodge: Pet friendly. Barking or pet odor issues?

Me, too! Thanks.

5. Re: Keystone Lodge: Pet friendly. Barking or pet odor issues?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:20