We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

copper mountain

brisbane
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
copper mountain

I am about tyo book 11 days at Copper Mountain in December for 2 adults and 4 kids. Basically the prices there have been the most competitive - but it is also the trip of a lifetime for the family (coming from Australia) so don't want to be heading to a dud. Any thoughts?

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: copper mountain

I don't think you will be disappointed. If you get tired of the "village" atmosphere, you are just a few miles from the Frisco/Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Dillon area. Great little towns with a wide variety of activities and places to eat. You are also only about 30 minutes from Vail, so you aren't locked into spending all day every day at Copper.

Colorado
Level Contributor
534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: copper mountain

I think you'll have a great time. One good thing about having kids at Copper is the village layout. There is little traffic, and the arcade, ice skating, and many other activities are very close to the lifts. Which building are you staying in?

The tubing hill in the East Village is a blast, I'd highly recommend giving that a try! Most of the restaurants on the mountain are very good. Check out Alexander's on the Creek if you're into fine dining, and Frijoles and Endo's are both great for less expensive dining. I lived at Copper for a season, so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Colorado
Level Contributor
444 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: copper mountain

Might want to consider spending 1/2 your trip in Breckenridge. Copper is great, but 11 days gives you plenty of time to try a couple places out.

4. Re: copper mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 22:16