We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short term lodging question

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Short term lodging question

I'm traveling due to family business on short notice. Needing a place to stay for a few days maybe up to a week in the Denver west metro area that is safe and economical from an out of state (read California license plate auto driver's) standpoint.

Considering Extended Stay America Lakewood South, as it's near one location I wll be visiting. I've had a good experience previously with one of their Colorado Springs locations. Motel 6 in the larger metro areas in the US, like Denver metro, is usually is a bit on the drinking and druggie scene in my experience. Not interested in that. Looking forward to any suggestions you may provide. Thanks so much in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,467 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short term lodging question

That area is OK. Not the very best, far from the worst. When I have relatives visit, they usually stay at one of the hotels at I70 and Kipling, which is about 40 blocks north of that Extended Stay. Holiday Inn Express has been the choice recently. There are also several hotels just west of the Extended Stay, at 6 and Simms. That's an OK area, too.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short term lodging question

Thanks, Wheatie59 for your local perspective. That's what I needed. The I 70 & Kipling area I think has some excellent merits. Found a lodging that is less in price than the Extended Stay and may reserve it instead. Holiday Inn Express is outside of my budget. . . they have never done me wrong in the past, though. Thanks again!

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,467 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short term lodging question

Avoid American Inn on the north side of I70 near Kipling. It has a bad reputation.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short term lodging question

That American Inn you refer to is one I remember as a bad place to stay from decades ago. Now that I've seen it - I've made my trip already and have returned home - my memories of it as a place to avoid returned. Your comments merely reinforce my previous knowledge of that establishment.

Wisely, I checked out the *south* side of I-70 near Kipling, and made a great choice at the Affordable Inn. Look for my review of it to appear shortly.

Edited: 23 February 2013, 22:38
Reply to: Short term lodging question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lakewood