We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Rim Rock Outfitters?

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
432 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used Rim Rock Outfitters?

Our family of 5 is traveling to Arizona and Colorado this summer. I would like to do a western cookout type dinner and came across a couple near Sedona and a couple near Mancos. The ones near Mancos are much less pricey but there is less information and no reviews.

We will be in CO primarily to visit Mesa Verde National Park but I think this would be a unique experience.

Does anyone have any experience with Rim Rock Outfitters - particularly the dinner ride?

Any information will be most appreciated.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used Rim Rock Outfitters?

I imagine anything in Mancos would be less pricey than Sedona! I've not ridden with Rim Rock, but if I were planning this trip I'd feel comfortable going with them. I was talking to a lady at the visitor center in Cortez about the stagecoach rides being discontinued (haven't heard if they are going to start them up again, btw) and she recommended Rim Rock as an alternative. You might also call the visitor center in Mancos and ask their opinion. www.mancosvalley.com/Western_Adventures.html It's very small, staffed by local volunteers who love their community. 970-533-7434

You've probably thought of this, but you might also call Rim Rock and the other companies and ask for information, like how long is the ride, how many people they usually take at one time, where do they ride, what's the trail like, etc.

As you've found, I didn't see any info here on TA but I did find some reviews here: …yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2976689-rimrock_out…

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
432 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used Rim Rock Outfitters?

Thank you so much for your reply! I will call the visitor center as you suggested.

The price in Mancos is definitely less, but I also think it might be a more laid back and authentic experience than what I would find in Sedona, though that might not be fair since I've never been to either location.

If you have any other suggestions, and are willing, I'd love to hear them!

3. Re: Has anyone used Rim Rock Outfitters?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Mancos
Recent Conversations