We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mel-Haven Lodge or Rainbow in Manitou

1 post
Save Topic
Mel-Haven Lodge or Rainbow in Manitou

can anyone give me any information about this lodge?

We are thinking about staying there in a week, but I can't really find any information on it.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mel-Haven Lodge or Rainbow in Manitou

Hi -- We just did Manitou Springs last week. I would strongly recommend that you avoid the Mel-Haven just based on the exterior. It's on a mile long stretch of run down, 1950's era motels outside the town. I hope they're cheap because they look it. You can stay at the Doubletree in Colorado Springs and get a real hotel. CS is only 15 minutes from Manitou so even if you have to get up early to get to the railroad, you'll make it.

Land of Oz
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Mel-Haven Lodge or Rainbow in Manitou

We have stayed at the Rainbow several times for the past few years, always a week at a time. The owners are wonderful and so friendly and helpful. It is so reasonable, and you can really save with the kitchenette there. It is located perfectly between Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak area. We just loved it, and were traveling with my 80 year old parents at the time. I would highly recommend the Rainbow. It isn't new, but extremely clean, with a nice pool. Charlene Tanner, Derby, KS. wstanner@sbcglobal.net

Western KS
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Mel-Haven Lodge or Rainbow in Manitou

We just stayed (July 2008) 5 nights at the Mel-Haven Lodge and it was wonderful!

Like the post said in July 2007 it does look a little run down on the outside, but most of the little lodges along there do. BUT the couple who runs it was so nice, the pool was in wonderful shape, and our room was HUGE! We had the room with the kitchenette (not what we asked for when we made reservations they had upgraded us at no extra charge).

There was a large main room with a queen bed - love seat sleeper - table and 4 chairs - cook top - microwave - refrigerator. There was a smaller room with a queen bed - large closet - small dresser - night stand and room to walk around. The bathroom was large as well with a tub/shower - and a shelf to set things on by the sink.

You can see the mountains from the front door - and there was a little playground (that could have used some work) that my 2 kids (2 & 7) loved.

This lodge is in the perfect location - it is only 2-5 minutes to Garden of the Gods, Cog Railway, Cliff Dwellings, Cave of the Winds, North Pole - everything you would want to do.

I highly recommend Mel-Haven Lodge!! With all the attractions so close we saved tons on gas compared to driving to all of those things from Colorado Springs. We plan on going back in a couple of years!

4. Re: Mel-Haven Lodge or Rainbow in Manitou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Manitou Springs