We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cortez-Telluride-Ouray as great as Durango -Ouray//

Beebe, Arkansas
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cortez-Telluride-Ouray as great as Durango -Ouray//

We are doing a grand circle through Arizona, Utah and Colorado. We will be in the Mesa Verde area mid June and are trying to decide on which highway to Ouray. We have done the Durango - Silverton - Ouray portion of the Million Dollar highway and loved it. Will the Cortez - Telluride - Ouray route be as great?? We don't want to be going through Telluride if there are any festivals in the area.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cortez-Telluride-Ouray as great as Durango -Ouray//

I think that Cortez-Telluride-Ouray route is worth trying. There is some very beautiful scenery on that route and since you have gone the other direction, why not give this one a try. Telluride is about 8 miles or so from the Hwy, but I'm sure any festival creates a lot of extra traffic. Not sure what your travel dates are, but you could always check their website for festival dates. I have been to Telluride in the June - July time frames and even with festivals, was able to get out and enjoy the town without any problem.

2. Re: Cortez-Telluride-Ouray as great as Durango -Ouray//

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 03:17