We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging recommendations

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
35 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging recommendations

We have never visited this community. My wife and I (no children) like quiet places, no motels, no adjoining residences, cabins, private homes. We would like a nice view from a deck. Can be out of town. We like green vegetation rather than dust, dead grass, etc. . Something under $200 per night all costs included. King bed is best. Did I mention quiet, clean, and friendly professional staff?

Is there anything like this in or outside of Ouray?

Thank you.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,355 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging recommendations

I think Ouray may be a good place for you to visit. Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier! Plus you can go visit Silverton, Telluride and Durango.

Look at the hotel reviews here on TA. Black Bear B&b looks really nice as does Hot Springs Inn which has a private balcony. Plus the hot springs will be nice.

You may also want to look at Telluride.

Oklahoma
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging recommendations

Check out the Cow Creek Suite just above the Cow Creek Antique Shop in Ridgway, CO (Just north of Ouray). We are staying July 2nd and 3rd and can't wait. It's brand new. Mary Beth, the owner has been so helpful. Check out her website. http://www.cowcreek.qwestoffice.net/5001.html

Also, the Time Out Inn looks nice too.

www.timeoutinn.com

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging recommendations

I would not stay at Hot Springs Inn as they are very rude! It looks really nice on the website but the lady I talked with on the phone was very rude and not very helpful. I guess she stays booked and doesn't need new clients and can get away with being rude. I would rather stay some place not as nice and the people very friendly and helpful than to a nicer place with rude owners.

las vegas, nv
Level Contributor
20 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging recommendations

My husband and I stayed at the Black Bear B&B last August - it was by far one of the best B&B's we've stayed at so far. The owners are super nice, treat you like family - and very accomodating. I changed my reservation 3 times and they were patient with me every time! Luci cooks/bakes the best food. It's a couple blocks off of the main road, so you don't have a lot of traffic noise - day or night. And even saw deer every day. Everything is in walking distance - we never used our car while we were in town.

We also stayed in the royal suite, which is more than $200/night, but it has a king sized bed, private balcony, hot tub, huge bathroom, plus a separate outside entrance, and a sitting area. And I never heard any of the other guests while they were in their rooms. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

5. Re: Lodging recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 23:18