We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs Inn vs. The Ouray Chalet Inn?

Which Ouray hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota
Level Contributor
330 posts
Save Topic
Hot Springs Inn vs. The Ouray Chalet Inn?

Hi.

Has anyone either stayed at both inns or does anybody know both of the inns. The reviews are wonderful for both, and I am planning a 3 night stay, so if you had to compare them, which one would you select in terms of location of scenery and the price?

Thanks.

Steve

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
641 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Springs Inn vs. The Ouray Chalet Inn?

I've never stayed at either (I'm local to the area), but really Ouray is a very tiny place, and they are only about 1 mile apart (maybe slightly less).

In terms of view and convenience for walking to places, I'd choose the Ouray Chalet Inn which is right among the shops and restaurants.

Hot Springs Inn/Lodge is in the narrower part of the valley just before it opens up into the main part of town, so the views of mountains and cliffs isn't quite as good, but the river views are better.

2. Re: Hot Springs Inn vs. The Ouray Chalet Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 22:20