We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ouray in late May?

Atlanta
7 posts
Save Topic
Ouray in late May?

We will be in Colorado May 19th - 23rd and are trying to figure out which town(s) to visit. We had planned on dividing the time between Telluride and Ouray, but have since learned that May is not a great time to be in Telluride, due to snow melting and mud. We've been told that most restaurants aren't even open in Telluride during May.

Will Ouray be the same, or will we find plently to do during late May? We are hoping to do some hiking and some (guided) mountianeering. Any other recommended activities during that time, or would we be better off staying out of that area altogether? Unfortunately, our travel dates are not flexible.

Thanks!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,761 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ouray in late May?

Yes, there are places that serve breakfast in Ouray. The Papillon Bakery, I'm told, serves an excellent breakfast and Back Street Bagel and Deli has breakfast as well--skillets and such in addition to their yummy bagels. There may be others...not all are open all year.

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ouray in late May?

There are several places that serve breakfast. There is the Backstreet Bagel which does breakfast sandwiches and bagels but it also serves a full hot breakfast. You go to the counter to order but it is delicious.

The Beaumont Hotel has Bulows Bistro and they do breakfast 7 days per week and it opened on May 1.

Maggies Kitchen is on Main Street and they serve breakfast but are closed on Wed & Thurs (at least right now). They also have great burgers at lunch.

LaPappillion is opening up in a new location on Main Street on Mother's Day. They will serve breakfast as well. If you are familiar with Ouray, they have been a great place through the years but were MIA last year. Well, now they are back!

I may have missed one or two but I am sure you will find them. Ouray actually has a large number of restaurants considering its size.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ouray in late May?

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

Illinois
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ouray in late May?

MisspWestslope and kavery123 - Thanks for the breakfast suggestions! I've taken notes for our trip.

15. Re: Ouray in late May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 05:38
Get answers to your questions about Ouray