We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four or six nights in Ouray?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
647 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Four or six nights in Ouray?

We've booked 4 nights in a Ouray condo for a family wedding weekend in August. We extended our trip by 2 nights and need help deciding if we should stay in the condo another 2 nights or stay the last night in Montrose. We are flying in and out of Montrose and we have an 8am departure.

What's the drive like from Ouray to Montrose airport?

On one of our extra days, I think we'd like to take a day trip to Telluride. We're also interested in visiting Black Canyon of the Gunnison (but that could be done earlier in the trip.)

Thanks for any advice on this.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
423 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Four or six nights in Ouray?

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Ouray. Sounds like you had a blast.

We were there in July but only for one day and one night. Stayed at the lovely Beaumont historical hotel. I love historical hotels and the Beaumont was one of the best I've ever stayed in. O'brians was REALLY good Irish pub grub and Bon Ton Italian restaurant was a bit pricey but very good. Unfortunately we did not take advantage of the hiking trails or waterfalls around Ouray, we just weren't there long enough. But will definitely be back some day. It's one of the most beautiful towns in Colorado, although very small.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
647 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Four or six nights in Ouray?

Thanks for reading and responding to my trip report, Winston_976!

Yes, the Beaumont Hotel is absolutely gorgeous and what a fantastic venue for my niece's wedding reception. I think there are about 12 guest rooms; the bride's father had to reserve all of them in order to hold a special event there. I saw one of the bedrooms and it was really lovely. Here's a link for anyone who is interested.

http://www.beaumonthotel.com/

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Four or six nights in Ouray?

I was there the day you loaded up in the red "buggies" to go up the mountain for the wedding. I had just been inside the Beaumont and said to my traveling companion that it appeared that someone was getting married. What a small world. And yes, it was sprinkling but I'm so glad it didn't turn into a downpour. : )

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
647 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Four or six nights in Ouray?

Wow, it is a small world indeed! I am so glad too that it didn't downpour. It was fun riding up there in the 4x4's. Even with some sprinkles it was such a beautiful, perfect setting. Wish I had a photo of the amphitheater to share.

15. Re: Four or six nights in Ouray?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17