We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting out of Pueblo?

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
32 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Rafting out of Pueblo?

I saw that Pueblo is close to the Arkansas River. We are going to Colorado Springs and then thinking of going to Pueblo if we can get a raft trip out of there, anybody done that from Pueblo? Looking for inexpensive, close in, and family-oriented as we have never done this before. Thanks, from Boulder.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafting out of Pueblo?

I think Bighorn Canyon would be a good fit for you; It is out of the Canon City area. I am unfamilar with any raftign in Pueblo, however there may be an outfitter with an office there who will shuttle you to the river. Or you could just find an outfitter with a Royal Gorge office like Performance Tours or one of the many others. www.CROA.org

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,625 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafting out of Pueblo?

I looked at Pueblo tourism websites and all the raft trips I see advertised are really from Canon City or Salida/Buena Vista, so just go there instead.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
127 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafting out of Pueblo?

Go_mommy,

Canon City is just half hour up the road from Pueblo. The river goes through a gorge there. The rafting is excellent.. You will find several large commercial rafting companies just west of Canon City. They are expert at taking family groups down the river. You will have a safety training session, snug life jacket, and a helmet, all are required. You will have an experienced raft guide to steer your raft. It is so much fun you will want to go again when the trip is over. Cost is about $60 person for a half day trip. You will see many families doing the same thing.

4. Re: Rafting out of Pueblo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Pueblo
More Pueblo Topics