We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Salida dog friendly?

Which Salida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Salida dog friendly?

I live in Denver and am trying to plan a weekend get away with my husband and lab. I've read that many of the other CO mtn towns are not particularly dog friendly...how does Salida compare? Specifically comparing to Steamboat and Crested Butte.

Thanks!

1. Re: Is Salida dog friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 16:35
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,477 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Salida dog friendly?

Your post surprises me. I think overall of Colorado as being dog friendly. Some towns more than others certainly. You might check out www.bringfido.com/destination/state/colorado/

to see how many places are listed.

If you want lodging only on craigslist you can search for dogs allowed.

rockies.craigslist.org/search/vac…

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Salida dog friendly?

Haven't taken the pups to Salida, we've only driven through on our way to Santa fe. But we have visited and lived in many mountain towns and in my experience they're all pretty dog friendly. Aspen, Vail, Telluride, Breck, Frisco.... Our dogs have always been welcomed and even spoiled with treats. Many hotels are dog friendly, some even have doggy massage and pet menus for room service, lots have great off season specials right now. I always call to double check the pet policy since I have two big dogs and don't want any surprises.

4. Re: Is Salida dog friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Salida