We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowmass Villas

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Snowmass Villas

Hey! Has anyone stayed at the Villas at Snowmass Club (Destination Resorts Snowmass). I'm going with a group of friends in February, and we were wondering if it's too much trouble to get to the slopes from there. I see there's the Two Creeks Chairlift? Is it good? How about the other lifts. How to access them? It seems a bit far. We are thinking about renting a 3 bedroom unit. Thanks in advance for any tip!

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowmass Villas

For Snowmass Village, this property is pretty far away from everything, but in reality that just means minutes. You are on the town shuttle route, and Destination Resorts may have their own supplemental shuttle service (be sure to ask).

You can't walk to anything in the way of shopping or dining from there, and you will still have to take a shuttle to the two creeks lift. That would be very quick, but still good to be aware of.

It's not the most convenient location in the Village, but prices can be good there and since it's on the golf course you can Nordic ski out your door if that's something you like.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowmass Villas

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to get information regarding regular shuttles and routes and this is what I came up with: tosv.com/uploads/FileUpload/transportation_n…

So this means (if this is valid for 2012/13) we can get the Shuttle Service 3 to Base Village. Correct?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
51 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowmass Villas

The other poster is right; in Snowmass, "far away" only means a few minutes by car, shuttle etc. I've been going to Snowmass every year for over 30 years and I've stayed in several different places, but this year I stayed in a condo right on the slope where I was only 30 seconds from the lift in the morning and could walk to almost all the restaurants and shops at night. It made a HUGE difference in the trip! I wrote a blog post about the place I stayed, and you might want to read it to get some ideas for your next trip:

smart-trips.net/2012/09/hit-slopes-in-style-…

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowmass Villas

Thanks! This place looks great indeed, and I've asked my travel agent to get us the current rates. But from what I've noticed, prices are steeper. The Villas may seem a bit "far", but so far its prices are yet to be beaten.

The main problem for me is that we're gonna be a group of 8 people, tentatively renting 2 units with two-bedroom each. And you know how hard it is for everyone to agree. I don't wanna hear after we get there things like "I didn't know it was this far from the slopes", or "wasn't there any place close", blah, blah, blah! :D

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snowmass Villas

Sure, the Villas will probably be the nicest you'll get for the price tag. Moving up into the ski in/ski out locations will require you to either spend a bit more for the same style and quality of property or downgrade your expectations on decor and service if you'd rather be close. I think you'll be fine at the Villas as it is just five or ten minutes on a shuttle.

The only real concern you might think about is if your family is the type who wants to ski in for lunch. Doing that or dropping into the condo to add or remove a layer of clothing won't be possible. If you plan on eating lunch on mountain anyway then there's no problem. You can always get a locker at any of the base areas if you think you might like to have extra layers or a pair of goggles nearby if the weather appears to be changing.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snowmass Villas

Thanks Jennifer! We plan on staying on the mountain all day, as we did in the Alps earlier this year. :) So I guess this is it! Looking forward to it!

7. Re: Snowmass Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2016, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass
Recent Conversations