We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difficulty of ski-in/ski-out access off of Westfork

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Difficulty of ski-in/ski-out access off of Westfork

I also posted this in Snowmass Village forum:

We are deciding between a few houses in Snowmass for a large group. A couple of the houses are off West Fork trail and claim to be ski-in/ski-out. Looking at the location on google maps, it is difficult to tell how the ski-in/ski-out access works. Indeed, it seems like a lot of houses in Snowmass claim to be ski-in/ski-out although the map doesn't show what I typically think of as ski-in/ski-out.

If anyone can comment on how difficult West Fork trail is, or specifically, how difficult it is to access the houses off that trail, I would appreciate your insight. Also, if you have any general pointers on looking for houses with ski-in/ski-out access in Snowmass, I would appreciate your insight.

The reason I ask is that although the majority of our group is strong skiers and I have no concern we can make it work, even with a little walk - we are also bringing a couple others who are more tentative on skis (my four year old and my 65 year old mother in law, who likes to take it easy).

Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Difficulty of ski-in/ski-out access off of Westfork

From a house near West Fork trail --which is a flat blue run off of upper Funnel-- you will use the Two Creek lift at the base for access all of Snowmass. Just avoid the two runs west of West Fork, Creek Side which has one steep area that can get very icy by end of day and may have bumps, and Cascade. All three runs end up at Two Creeks.

2. Re: Difficulty of ski-in/ski-out access off of Westfork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 December 2016, 14:35

Reply to: Difficulty of ski-in/ski-out access off of Westfork
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass
Recent Conversations