We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know anything about Silvertree Condos?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know anything about Silvertree Condos?

Our family (3 kids aged 13,12,8) is planning a late Feb trip to Colorado. Our friends are staying in condos at Silvertree. We've only skiied once (two yrs ago in North Carolina) so we're beginners, but want convenience, laundry and tend to enjoy the luxury & service offered at upscale accomodations. The condos arent cheap (about 700/night) but much cheaper than ritz, little nell & st. regis. Has anyone stayed there recently? How are the accomodations? Old/new? worth $700? Thanks 4 your help!

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know anything about Silvertree Condos?

There is really no such thing as the Silvertree Condos. The Silvertree Hotel is a hotel property, the Wildwood Lodge is their much more economy sister hotel property, and then Village Property Managment is their condominium management company.

Check in for VPM's condominiums is done at the Silvertree, but they have a wide variety of condominiums that have different names such as Interlude, Aspenwood, Woodbridge, Terracehouse, etc. but none are named Silvertree Condominiums. Find out the actual name of the property and I can help you further.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know anything about Silvertree Condos?

Jennifer, thanks for gettting back so quickly. I called and found out the unit is on the second floor of the Interlude Condo's. They have one unit facing the ski slope (fanny hill, i think) and another one that does not overlook the slopes. I read somewhere that the noise from the grooming machines can be very distracting...is it better to stay in the one not overlooking the slopes? They said the units were built in the late 60's but are kept up....what do you think?

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know anything about Silvertree Condos?

For your request for convenience and views I'd say there is no better location. Laundry will depend on what is in the particular condo you're looking at. There's a coin vend room on property but maybe 80% have their own washer/dryers. I'd make sure your does.

For luxury and service...well, that's definitely a different story. There is really no property in Snowmass that compares to Ritz, Nell, Regis. It just doesn't exist. There are many that are luxurious surroundings inside your condo but completely self-catering so pretty low on services.

It's true the property has been around since the late 60's, but as far as what has been kept up inside it will vary from unit to unit as they're individually owned and decorated. You'll have to really quiz your reservationist.

As far as view versus noise, yes, when you have such a premium location you'll also have some traffic in the evenings from snowmobiles and grooming equipment, but to me, the view and location make it well worth it. The other side of the Interlude looks at very little.

As far as price and worth $700, you'll have to stop comparing it to luxury hotels immediately if you wish to enjoy it. It's just not something you can compare. That location is a seller's market and you will pay a premium for it. Don't expect the anything remotely close to the Nell and I think you'll have a good time.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know anything about Silvertree Condos?

Thank you! I appreciate your advice & input!! You were a huge help!!

5. Re: Anyone know anything about Silvertree Condos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 00:19