We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to rent skis?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to rent skis?

We are coming to Snowmass for the first time in March 07. Any recommendations on best place to rent skis from? Thanks.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to rent skis?

I'd recommend Four Mountain Sports/D&E Ski & Snowboard shop. The link is here: aspensnowmass.com/onmountain/rentals/dandesp…

They have more locations than any other shop, and if you rent from them they will store your skis at the end of the day or transfer them to another mountain.

This is a huge help if you ski Snowmass one day and plan to ski, say, Highlands the next day. Just drop your skis at the mall on your way to go home or to apres and ask for delivery to Highlands. If you are skiing the same mountain the next day just have them store them for you so you can apres without worrying about leaving them unattended.

It's also very helpful to have more than one location so if you rent in Snowmass but get over to another mountain and decide the snow conditions merit a different type of ski you can just switch them out at that mountain.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to rent skis?

My recommendation is the same: Four Mountain Sports/D&E Ski & Snowboard shop. In case you get lessons @ Aspen ski school, your instructor might be able to get you a discount on the rental. Enjoy the powder !!!

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to rent skis?

I have several friends who have rented skis at Gene Taylor Sports and were pleased with the service and selection. If you go to their website www.genetaylors.com, you can make your reservations online and save a significant amount of money on a rental package.

Iowa
Level Contributor
43 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to rent skis?

We just returned from Snowmass last night and rented from D & E through Expedia.

The folks were great fitting my family including 2 young teenagers. We also picked up our equipment at 8PM (they closed at 9PM) after a dinner at the Village and found it to be a great time since the store was empty and no one felt rushed with a big crowd that was there during the morning and afternoons.

powermd
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to rent skis?

I shopped around a bit and chose Incline Sports. They had a great selection of the most popular demo skis, and I had no trouble picking up a pair of K2 apache recon skis- which were truly amazing. Easily the best skis I have ever rented. I might even buy a pair... on ebay! They list for $1200!

6. Re: Best place to rent skis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 13:20