We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

feb or march?

mississippi
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
feb or march?

My family and I are planning a trip to steamboat. We will ski some but we are mainly going for the snow. If we go around march7th would we see snowfall? We live in ms so my kids never get to see it actuall snow. We can move it up to feb but the kids will miss school. Does anyone have any idea about the chances of it snowing the 1st week of march? Thanks in advance. Clare

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: feb or march?

March is Colorado's snowiest month. And it's also one of the best months for skiing in that famed Steamboat Champagne Powder. So, keeping in mind that Colorado weather is wholly unpredictable, I would say that your chances of seeing snow actually fall are pretty much the same for either month, but that March will generally see more snowfall and that, in either month, there will be PLENTY of snow on the ground to play in :)

2. Re: feb or march?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 12:20
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs