We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snowmobiling

mass
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
snowmobiling

Hi

We are looking to book a snowmobile tour. can anyone give me a recommendation on either the rabbit ears pass or the upper elk river valley tour. Trying to decide which one would be better.

Thanks

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
505 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snowmobiling

So far this year Rabbit Ears pass has been the most popular as there is more snow on the pass but High Mountain is a good choice if we get more snow.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: snowmobiling

I agree. Rabbit Ears pass is the best bet this year so far.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snowmobiling

I went on a snowmobiling trip with http://www.steamboatsnowmobile.com/ over Christmas. We really had yet to have any snow, and I was a tad worried. However there was so much snow left over from the previous year that any fresh snow they had was just sitting nicely on top of the base. It was scenic, fun, and we all had a wonderful time playing in the snow! Highly recommend it!

mass
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snowmobiling

did you do the Rabbit Ears Pass tour, or the upper elk valley. I saw both on their website?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snowmobiling

Rabbit Ears Pass. Several open areas, as well as lovely trails thru the trees. We stopped at an overlook where you could see from Wyoming to Gore Pass. I really liked that area!

mass
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snowmobiling

Thanks much for the information. Looking forward to the trip

7. Re: snowmobiling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs