We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help deciding where to stay with youg kids

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
29 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Help deciding where to stay with youg kids

Planning a ski trip to Steamboat with my kids (2 & 4 yo). Because of their age, being close to childcare/ski school is important, and being around restaurants and shops would please my wife. I have been looking at 2 bedroom units at the Steamboat Grand and at the Torian Plum. Any thoughts on which one is more convenient? Any thing else I should look at (other than the Sheraton)?

For those who know the Torian well: Are there significant differences between the units in the new and in the old towers (Creekside and Plaza I believe)?

I would appreciate any insights you might have...

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
533 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help deciding where to stay with youg kids

Creekside is nicer than the Plaza which is why it is usually more expensive. The Steamboat Grand is going to be slightly more convenient for getting the kids to ski school than the Torian Plum. You may also want to look at Dulany based on your kids ages - that property is very close to the kids vacation center but no pool. They are all an easy stroll to the shops and restaurants in the base area.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help deciding where to stay with youg kids

Another option to consider is Trailhead Lodge. They have a gondola that drops you off right in Ski Time Square and is a very short walk to the ski school area and the mountain gondola. We stayed there when it first opened and my kids were 7 & 5 and it was great. We even took our kids to ski school then went back to the condo and headed out a little later. They have studios-1br,2br,&3br. Amenities include a pool, fitness center and game room. You are also a little closer to town (they have a shuttle too if you are without a car) than the other two properties. Where ever you decide I am sure it will be amazing.

Florida
Level Contributor
734 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help deciding where to stay with youg kids

We stayed at the Steamboat Grand last year for the first time. We usually stay at Bear Claw condos for the ski in ski out location. We enjoyed the full service hotel with restaurant/bar in the lobby and even used room service one night. The pool are is great. Depending where you are in the building will determine how far a walk it is to get to the base of the mountain and ski school. The Grand has a building at the base that keeps your skis and boots so you don't have to lug them back and forth each day.

4. Re: Help deciding where to stay with youg kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 10:15