We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Christmas dinner recommendation

Which Steamboat Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, PA
Level Contributor
110 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Family Christmas dinner recommendation

Looking at 2 options - low-key family place for dinner for 5 - mom, dad and 3 boys (21,14 & 12) or simply a place where I can pick up a dinner and have it ready in the condo when the boys are done on the mountain.

Suggestions?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Christmas dinner recommendation

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33657-Steamboat… some of these may help you decide as well. I'm sure someone else will chime in with personal suggestions.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
963 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Christmas dinner recommendation

For take out try:

Steamboat Meat and Seafood-had prepared food for Thanksgiving in addition to normal menu

http://steamboatseafood.com/

Also the Drunken Onion provides heat & eat meals & sides, they will probably have some special menu items for Christmas

http://drunkenonion.com/home/

South Florida
Level Contributor
148 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Christmas dinner recommendation

We have eaten a very nice dinner every Christmas at the Ore House. A really nice atmosphere and good food. And if you get there by 6pm they have some great dinner specials. Since we are also from the east, we end up eating early. Check out their website. It's close to the mountain and a great family friendly atmosphere. Their rocky mountain trout with crab topping is amazing.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
110 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Christmas dinner recommendation

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already looked at the TripAdvisor restaurant section - lots of good info there for general restaurants. Since I was looking specifically at Christmas Day, I was hoping for info on what might be open that day.

I sort of like the idea of the Drunken Onion - I may have to check find out if they have some Christmas specials. I've also heard good things about the Ore House.

I've checked Open Table as well to see who is taking reservations on Christmas Day, should we go that route

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
496 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Christmas dinner recommendation

Every restaurant in town will be open on Christmas but the grocery stores, liquor stores and some retail shops may have shorter hours. If you wanted carry-out from Drunken Onion, I would contact them ahead of time as I am sure they will be busy. The Ore House is a great family friendly choice and there are other options as well depending on the kind of food you are wanting. Most Steamboat restaurants are not on open table but you can find menus and phone numbers at www.steamboat-dining.com

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
110 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Christmas dinner recommendation

Thanks TravelerfromCO. I'll check your link. I was trying to find something like the website you recommended, but hadn't yet come across it.

7. Re: Family Christmas dinner recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs