We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few last questions before we come

Which Steamboat Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
554 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
A few last questions before we come

In just a few weeks we're scheduled to leave for our week in Steamboat...can't wait! Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

I wanted to check a few last things before we arrive:

- I have an x-c ski lesson at the ski touring center at 10 in the morning, and I'm guessing that after it's over and I spend a little time on the trails, I'll be ravenous. I'd thought about bringing a little picnic, weather permitting. Will there be anywhere to sit and eat, or is it a better bet just to grab something at the ski center's cafe?

- Around what time do the ski jumpers do their thing on Wednesdays at Howelsen Hill? Is there an especially good spot to watch them?

- For anyone who has been to the ice castle downtown, how is it? Worthwhile?

Thank you!

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few last questions before we come

No reason you couldn't bring some food. I guess weather will decide where you eat. (In or out) Yes, there are places to sit and eat.

Ski Jumping on Wed is 6-8 PM. Best place to see it is at the base of the hill. If you mean a warm place with a drink, probably Sweetwater Grill.

The Ice Castle is not downtown, it is in Ski Time Sq on the mountain. Is it worthy?? I've heard more amazement from the kids than the parents, though It is an amazing structure. Way larger than I would have imagined. You'll have to see it and decide.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
554 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few last questions before we come

Thanks, powderglut. I also should have asked - is ski jumping every Wednesday or just certain days? I had a hard time finding much info about it online.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few last questions before we come

One more Wed nite jumping event. March 13

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
971 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few last questions before we come

You can also check the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club schedule to see when the team is practicing jumping.

http://www.t7sports.com:8080/2005/b105522.htm

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
554 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few last questions before we come

Thanks! Darn, we will just miss the March 13 event. I'll check into the practice schedule.

6. Re: A few last questions before we come

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs