We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temps in the 50s and 60s?

Which Steamboat Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
554 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Temps in the 50s and 60s?

Just checked the weather forecast and looks like it's supposed to be pretty warm next week, with temps getting as high as 60. Obviously no one has a crystal ball, but how is that likely to affect the slopes, x-c, tubing, snowshoe, etc.?

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Temps in the 50s and 60s?

Last March starting around the 2nd week it was up in the 50s almost every day in Aspen. Very nice balmy conditions, soft snow. All was well till the ground staring showing up towards the end of the month. Snow depths are better this year so terrain will be fine for quite some time even with warmer weather.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
943 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temps in the 50s and 60s?

With the good snow this season, the main "problem" will be the hard surface early in the day until it softens with the sun and temp. I usually wait until after ~1000.

Another minor irritant is the possible slush at the base which I avoid by riding down the Gondy. Hasn't been noticible yet.

Other than that, it is great. Be sure to use plenty of sunscreen for sitting outside at Slopeside Grill.

Cheers

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temps in the 50s and 60s?

So far we are in great shape. Base is solid. Expecting some light snow thru the day today. We've only had a few warm days. Top of the mountain is still mid winter packed powder. I wouldn't let the weather predictors keep you from coming to great snow conditions.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,782 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temps in the 50s and 60s?

There is a warming trend this week but I don't see 60s in the forecast for Steamboat. It could be in the 50s in town but it's always cooler on the mountain. (Denver may reach 70 later in the week.)

Here's the NWS forecast: http://forecast.weather.govhttp://tinyurl.com/bj3t9dj

Conditions should be fine except maybe slushy at the base. Enjoy the beautiful weather!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
554 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temps in the 50s and 60s?

Thanks for all the responses! We are looking forward to our trip.

6. Re: Temps in the 50s and 60s?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs