We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time skiing wtih adult "kids"-HELP!

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
First time skiing wtih adult "kids"-HELP!

My husband and I (ages 60 and 58) are considering a ski vacation in mid December with our 20 and 30 year old sons, one of whom has never skied (nor have we!). I got a good room rate from Steamboat Springs Sheraton, and realize this is only the tip of the iceberg (haha).

What's the best way to go about this? We would all need at least one lesson, rentals, etc. I would probably not do too much skiing (I have MS, and sledding sounds better to me....lol...little balance required), but the others will. My sons will scoff at lessons, but I know that is necessary.

Is it best to purchase a package? Is there a best way to do all this? Thanks a million!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
527 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time skiing wtih adult "kids"-HELP!

You usually get the best savings when you book a package - I would check out steamboat.com for the package offers. You or your sons might want to consider the Learn to Ski offers where you get the lift tickets, rentals and lessons for 3 days which is the best savings for beginners - if you have never skied before you do need lessons. Its a little early for next season - no pricing or flights out yet, but this summer you should be able to book everything.

2. Re: First time skiing wtih adult "kids"-HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Steamboat Springs