We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telluride

Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
334 reviews
Save Topic
Telluride

We are coming to Telluride in February and require accommodation for 3 couples for 10 days from the Feb 8th. We are coming from Australia and hate riding shuttles. We have never been to Telluride and would appreciate any feedback.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telluride

You can stay in either the town of Telluride or in Mountain Village, but just couples I'd recommend the town of Telluride for easier access to nightlife and restaurants. Some people enjoy ski in/ski out in Mountain Village but I personally think dining and nightlife are weak up there, and for as long as you're staying you'll definitely exhaust your options.

If you stay in town you will walk to the gondola but then have easy access around town at night. I personally felt riding the gondola down into town at night, then having it close at midnight or getting a shuttle for the ride back up was a drag.

I'd recommend contacting Travelplan in Sydney for help planning exactly which hotel to stay in as well as lift tickets and flight details. They send huge numbers of Aussies skiing in the US and Canada and know the resorts better than many Americans.

You might also look at your dates a little more closely. If you are arriving Feb 8 and departing the 18th that may take you into the US President's week holiday (I am unfortunately without my calendar here...this year the Saturday of that holiday weekend was Feb 17) and rates increase dramatically as well as stay restrictions. Even in a resort like Telluride which doesn't receive as much weekend traffic as resorts closer to Denver you'll still find rates increasing for the holiday.

2. Re: Telluride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 11:24