We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Life in Telluride

Tampa, FL
3 posts
Save Topic
Night Life in Telluride

We're planning a March trip to Telluride and are bringing a blended family group of 6 young adults -- 18 - 28. Night life is concern. The Mountainside Village seems to have the best lodging, but there is a concern about night time activities. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
433 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Life in Telluride

The under 21 folks in your group will be frustrated. Telluride is a typical resort party town, catering adults. Young kids and adults have it made here. It's just tough on the "almost 21" age. I moved here when I was 19. It was years before I could even see a real live band!

Tampa, FL
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Life in Telluride

Thanks so much for the information. Although not ideal for our 18 and 20 year old, I guess our best bet is staying near downtown versus up the mountain, right? Etta Place Too has condos that are able to accomodate the group and they say they are truly ski in ski out. Any thoughts? We want to be close enough to some of the popular hang outs so that they don't have to walk too far.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Life in Telluride

With nightlife being a concern I'd recommend staying down in town, though that will benefit your 21+ group the most. There is nothing to do up in Mountain Village at night- for any age. Yes, there is a free gondola until midnight that connects the two areas, but even with it I'm still not a fan of just how dead Mountain Village is.

Boulder
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Life in Telluride

Joanna,

Just to confirm what everyone else will tell you, Mountain Village is an architect's dream but really doesn't have much soul, especially compared to the town. Even the West End of the town, where Etta Place Too is located, has more of a lively feel to it. If you stay at Etta Place Too, you can ski directly to Lift 7 in the morning and when you need a break, you can ski to the back door without any walking.

The center of town is about a 10 minute walk from the West End and there is a free bus that circulates regularly and stops right outside the front door.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Life in Telluride

Stay in Telluride town. The skiing is just as available from the mountain side condos and the nightlife is much better. There is nothing for you at night at Mt Village. The Telluride town has many more restaurants, a movie theater and even broomball, basketball and skating! Also some nice sports bars.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
433 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night Life in Telluride

Yeah, the mountain village is LAME. If you have seen one tacky, gaudy, soul-less, gated "community", you've seen them all!

Some will say it's "nice" but I suspect that those folks wouldn't recognize soul if it bit them in the a__!!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Night Life in Telluride

Wow lots of negativity on that post. The Mountain Village fills its role, some people can't recognize what that is though. That being said, the nightlife is certainly in Telluride.

8. Re: Night Life in Telluride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 02:19