We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"romantic" ski trip in January

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kpf
usa
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
"romantic" ski trip in January

Hoping to go to Telluride in mid to late January with husband for quick 3 day get away. I have heard the town is where we should stay rather than the resort but I would like us to have a pretty luxurious lodging (we don't get away that much). Any suggestions? We like to ski hard and have a good dinner ...not interested in night life. Thanks.

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "romantic" ski trip in January

I would vote for the New Sheridan hotel. It's historic, but recently has undergone a renovation. They also have the New Sheridan Chop House which is really good food. I believe guests of the hotel may receive a discount there once per stay.

http://www.newsheridan.com/

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "romantic" ski trip in January

The Chop House is the best restaurant in town, I choose that one for all birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

New York
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "romantic" ski trip in January

Hotel Columbia is also a good choice, right at the gondola and another great restaurant within it, Cosmo.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "romantic" ski trip in January

Camel's Garden Hotel is also right next to the gondola.

Anderson, SC
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: "romantic" ski trip in January

You really should consider Mountain Village if you aren't interested in night life and just want to ski. They have tons of options for ski in/out. Lumiere (sp?) is a new slopeside inn. It looks pretty posh. Capella is also new and located in the Village. If you're going for a short stay, you may not want to spend your time on the Gondola going up and down to town....

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "romantic" ski trip in January

I'd vote "town" but either location is fine. The gondola is free, offers an awesome view, and if you stay in Mountain Village you'll be riding it to town for dinner and back. telluride.com/telluride/…gondola

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "romantic" ski trip in January

If you can afford it, I highly recommend the Inn at Lost Creek in the Village.

Small place, attentive service, roof top hot tubs that you can reserve, steam showers, kitchens, balconies in all the rooms. I love it.

I decided to try out the Hotel Telluride for my trip this season, I hope it's close to as nice as the Inn.

8. Re: "romantic" ski trip in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Telluride