We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging: mtn lodge vs inn at lost creek???

new orleans
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging: mtn lodge vs inn at lost creek???

We are a family of three (daughter, age nine, has never skiied)looking for ski in /ski out near the ski school. I know Lost Creek is closer, but it is also more expensive and smaller. Any suggestions/comments, oh wise TA friends, would be most appreciated.

I have read everything online, on TA and the forums, and still can't seem to decide.

Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,074 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging: mtn lodge vs inn at lost creek???

Hi, I am a Telluride DE, but since I have a house I have never stayed in either of the properties you mention. So sadly, I can't give any helpful info. I thought I would answer if for no other reason than to bump this up so hopefully someone who has stayed in these properties can answer. :-)

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,212 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging: mtn lodge vs inn at lost creek???

We stayed at Mountain Lodge once and it was very nice, but I've not stayed at Inn at Lost Creek so can't compare the two. In your search did you come across this thread? The #7 post talks about staying at Mtn Lodge for their 7 yr old's first ski trip.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33667-i1543-k4119…

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
598 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging: mtn lodge vs inn at lost creek???

According to news reports, the Inn at Lost Creek is closing 1/31/11.

telluridenews.com/articles/2011/01/16/news/d…

4. Re: Lodging: mtn lodge vs inn at lost creek???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 07:16