We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridal Veil Falls question

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
359 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Bridal Veil Falls question

Is it possible to get to Bridal Veil Falls near Telluride without needing a 4W drive vehicle? I would really like to see the falls, but I'm not renting a Jeep for our trip.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,691 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bridal Veil Falls question

You can see a long distance view of the falls from town. You can also hike up the switch backs to get closer to the falls. The top of the falls has a private home, so there is no access there.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
359 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bridal Veil Falls question

How long a hike would it be ?

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bridal Veil Falls question

You can NOT see Bridal Veil Falls from anywhere within the town of Telluride. (That's Ingram Falls that you can see from town.)

The drive can be done with most standard suv's that have some ground clearance. A jeep is not needed to access Bridal Veil.

The hike is about 1.5 hrs. round trip.

There is also the option of taking a guided 4x4 tour. They can take you right there.

www.tellurideoffroad.com

Edited: 13 February 2012, 20:42
Colorado
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bridal Veil Falls question

Correct, you cannot see Bridal Veil Falls from Town, but at the end of the paved road before the dirt 4x4 road starts, you can see it.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,691 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bridal Veil Falls question

I did not say you can see it "any where" in town. I was clearly not specific enough about where you have to be. I was thinking way at the east end of town, my fault for not explaining myself.

Edited: 14 February 2012, 03:26
6. Re: Bridal Veil Falls question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Telluride