We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay?

Centerton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
77 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay?

We are driving through Telluride, staying for just one night in July, and am looking at reasonable nice places to stay where we can have a chance to walk and explore. Looking at Ice House, Aspen St. Inn, and Wildwood Canyon- we prefer B&B type places. Not many recent reviews to compare- any suggestions?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,945 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay?

Ice House and Aspen St. Inn are a bit more centrally located, but Telluride is small enough to walk anywhere, so (in my opinion) that is not a big factor. I would just choose whichever one seems to appeal to you the most.

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
603 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay?

Any location in the town of Telluride would give you what you're looking for. I would base my decision on price and included amenities. Don't forget to think about parking (is a parking spot included in rate).

Centerton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
77 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay?

thanks for the input. We booked at the Ice House Lodge- parking and breakfast which are both a plus.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay?

"driving through" Telluride huh? :)

Centerton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
77 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay?

Yes- we are on our first trip to CO since moving to AZ last year. We are doing a 10 day driving trip- staying somewhere different each night, driving and hiking and seeing the wonderful scenery as we go each day, and relaxing and exploring the towns we have heard about when we arrive somewhere new each evening- and hopefully seeing as much of your wonderful state as we can.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay?

Save Telluride for last.

Going there first will make the rest of the state seem anticlimactic!

Edited: 28 June 2012, 05:34
Centerton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
77 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay?

Well, I guess we planned well then since Telluride is our last night before we head back to AZ!!! Where should we eat to give a fitting end to our trip?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,945 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay?

By far the best place in town is the Chop House at the Sheridan, pricey, but well worth it. 221 South Oak is excellent also.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay?

I like Siam, La Marmotte, and 221 S. Oak the best...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay?

Hi Folks my two teenage Sons are from New Zealand andare planning on Skiing Telluride over Xmas New year. We are looking for a great place to stay thats not to expensive but close enough to walk to all the action. Alternativley we are thinking of hiring an RV and would be looking for a place to park for a while. Any advice appreciated. PS, We are from Lake Wanaka/ Queenstown, NZ. and can offer great advice on those destinations