We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested 3 day ski itinerary for march 17

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested 3 day ski itinerary for march 17

Hello,

Would anybody be willing to jot down a good action plan for my 3 out of 4 ski days next week? I like groomed runs and I actually like them steep. I'm not sure if that puts me at a double blue or single diamond. Either is fine I guess, but really don't want to see any double diamonds.

Day 1 will most likely start around 10am. I rent my equipment so it is probably good to warm up on some cruisers and then gradually challenge myself without overdoing the first day!

Days 2-3 will also start around 10am, and prob finish around 4.

I suppose ice will be a factor and perhaps a little slush? So it would be great to hear from a Telluride local how to schedule my 3 days of skiing so as to maximize my fun!!! I hate to say this, but I'm traveling from Texas, (but I grew up in Denver and graduated from CU!) so altitude will surely be a factor in spite of the fact I'm in strong cardio shape.

I like to hang out at lunch for 45 minutes before part 2 of the day

We r staying in town and I think the gondola is fairly close?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much.

Rachel

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested 3 day ski itinerary for march 17

I was hoping someone else would chime in on this. I am not out there at the moment, so can't help much with the conditions. There is about a 80 inch base right now and any ice will depend on how warm temps get and when/if there is fresh powder.

Where are you staying? I can tell you just how close to gondola it is.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested 3 day ski itinerary for march 17

This is from the following link

epicski.com/a/the-unofficial-guide-to-tellur…

Start the day by getting from the Town or Village up to the Plunge Lift 9 for some great early morning corduroy. Either Bushwacker or Upper Plunge are usually groomed every other night. These two and See Forever to Lookout provide some of the best long, high angle groomers you’ll find anywhere. The town side runs off the Coonskin Lift 7 can tend to be a bit boney, but on any given day Milk Run and Coonskin (above) can also be quality groomers.

3. Re: Suggested 3 day ski itinerary for march 17

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24
Get answers to your questions about Telluride