We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Telluride

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Telluride

Hi, my husband & I live in Grand Junction & have only passed thru Telluride for a day, years ago before we moved to CO. Would like to have a nice romantic getaway for about 3 nights. We just want to walk to shops & restaurants & ride the gondola. I've heard from a few people that the rates are very, very high. Also have been told that parking could be a problem. Could use some suggestions on a hotel that would not be more than $200 a night, with a guaranteed parking space. Thanks so much.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

When would your getaway take place? Do you have some flexibility with dates? If you choose a time when there's not a big event going on, or outside of ski season, rates aren't any higher than other resorts and there are sometimes pretty good deals to be had.

It is lovely to stay in town and be able to walk to shops and restaurants, but don't totally rule out Mountain Village, as it is easy to ride down to town on the free gondola.

I see that Mountain Lodge has an advertised "deal" on Trip Advisor right now. It must be booked before June 13. We stayed there at a very reasonable off season price once, and it was lovely. The price/value offset not being able to stay in town.

tripadvisor.com/Offers-g33667-Telluride_Colo…

The New Sheridan is often mentioned as a good place to stay that isn't overly expensive, and I've seen Camel's Garden, Victorian, and Ice House Lodge recommended, as well.

You might take a look at the Trip Advisor Reviews for B&B/Inns. Looks like a couple of those might be good candidates. tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g33667-c2-Telluride_C…

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,542 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

I agree, if you are not trying to go during ski season or during a major event (such as Film Festival, etc) you should be able to find some decent rates.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

Thanks to you both, I am checking these hotels out. Our dates are flexible, we just have to check in on a Thursday & out on a Sunday, because of my husband's job. I was hoping to go sometime in June or July.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,542 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

Wild flowers in the area usually peak around the first week of July or so, gorgeous hiking then. :-)

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

I've had a reply to an e-mail that I sent to the New Sheridan & they say they will give us a parking permit for the "residential area" behind the hotel. Has anyone experienced this? Does the hotel not have it's own parking lot? Thank you...

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,542 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

Not many things in the town of Telluride have their own parking lot, there just is not room. Keep in mind that much of the town was planned long before there were very many cars, so buildings were built very close together.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

Camel's Garden. Great, quiet location in town. Underground parking at the hotel and reasonably priced (for Telluride).

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

Camel's Garden is $225 a night plus taxes. That is a little steep for us. Seems like Telluride's rates could be more reasonable for off season, but maybe there is no "off season" there! Still looking...

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,542 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

Summer is not "off season" in Telluride. There is some type of festival nearly every weekend and the area is drop dead gorgeous, thus attracting lots of summer visitors. It is not as much "high season" as ski season is, but definitely not "off season". The off season for Telluride is Oct and Nov, which is so much "off season" that many places close down for a few weeks.

Camel's Garden is not one of the more budget friendly locations in Telluride anyway.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,542 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Stay in Telluride

Are you checking Mountain Village as well? I prefer Telluride, but if you can get a better deal in Mountain Village, go for it. Telluride is just a couple of minutes away on the free gondola. Also, I know you are limited to a weekend, but prices tend to be higher then, so do check multiple different weekends. If a big event is going on the prices will be much higher.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 14:54
Get answers to your questions about Telluride